This is the other article that was referred to in the previous news post.
The fading dream of a first home in city – Property – NZ Herald News.
In this post I found a few …you will see two that are similar to what I have already said, gems of information.
Interestingly enough, I’m not sure if the pun was intended or not, after all the Auckland Blues are a very hard side to beat.
5 tips to beat blues
• Look for properties outside the central city and sought-after city fringe areas – particularly in West and South Auckland.
• Consider downsizing the quarter-acre dream for a unit or townhouse.
• Apartment living can save you money – many inner-city apartments are available for less than $400,000.
• Compromise on living in the “right” school zone, which can add tens of thousands to a house price.
• Hold off buying until you can raise a bigger deposit, reducing your loan principal – and repayments.